Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 104

Thread: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

  1. #61
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Hmmmmmmm........
    I must have been misinformed. I thought we were attacked my terrorists. I'll have to research that.

    The war in Iraq has not been handled the way it could have or should have been. I don't have enough facts to be able to say if we should have gone there or not. I would be very surprised if anybody here has enough facts to make that call.

    But what I do know is that once troops are committed, there should be an all out effort to win. No need for a US Soldier to ever be in harms way in a half-ass military effort. Surely we can agree on that. No such thing as a nice war. Either go in to WIN or don't go. Even after all these years I remember well some of the people who are listed on The Wall. The only complaints I ever heard from them, other than the normal complaining, was that we held back too much. That we were not 100% committed to winning. Veterans of the war today are saying the same thing. The men and women who are risking their lives every day keep saying "we need more troops". If our troops are put in harms way they should be given anything they need to be safe and to win.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #62
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't say anything in reference to your patriotism...I spoke to your intolerance. I respect anything you have done to serve your country...but you have to realize it's everyone else's country too. </div></div>

    Speaking of intolerance, and we hear so much about it today: When did being intolerant become a bad character trait? Anyone with convictions, whatever they may be, is intolerant of certain ideas, lifestyles, etc. A society that is intolerant is destined to become an anarchy. This country was founded by folks who were intolerant of the king's church. Just my opinion.

  3. #63
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmmmmm........
    I must have been misinformed. I thought we were attacked my terrorists. I'll have to research that.

    The war in Iraq has not been handled the way it could have or should have been. I don't have enough facts to be able to say if we should have gone there or not. I would be very surprised if anybody here has enough facts to make that call.

    But what I do know is that once troops are committed, there should be an all out effort to win. No need for a US Soldier to ever be in harms way in a half-ass military effort. Surely we can agree on that. No such thing as a nice war. Either go in to WIN or don't go. Even after all these years I remember well some of the people who are listed on The Wall. The only complaints I ever heard from them, other than the normal complaining, was that we held back too much. That we were not 100% committed to winning. Veterans of the war today are saying the same thing. The men and women who are risking their lives every day keep saying "we need more troops". If our troops are put in harms way they should be given anything they need to be safe and to win. </div></div>

    I dont think all the troops over there want to be there or think we need to be over there...actually I think most of think this war is abunch of bull...I about 95% of the troops that are over there should be pulled and let them be with their familes, a lot of them have been away from their familes fo awhile and for no reason what so ever

  4. #64
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    i support the troops 100% but u have to remember no one made them join the army... if they think they shouldnt be over there then they shouldnt ahve joined. They new going into the military that there is a possibilitiy of going to war.


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

  5. #65
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Pull out 95%????
    And leave the other 5% to be slaughtered??
    Either pull them ALL out or give them what they need.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  6. #66
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Our attackers were based in Afghanistan...not Iraq. Saddam might not have been a good guy, but he kept his country stable...and was the immediate counter balance in the Middle East against Iran. WE WERE THE ONES THAT MADE IRAQ INTO A BASE FOR TERRORIST ACTIVITIES. So there ya go. And, boney, intolerance of lifestyles is totally different than intolerance of anything that doesn't sit perfectly right with your morals and convictions IMO..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #67
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment on intolerance. It is not a sign of bad character, just that you stand steadfast on what you believe, unlike some people.

  8. #68
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Imagine yourself as a black man in Selma in 1964 and say that.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #69
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    what a tread.....

    I wonder what is wrong with this country??? Well I'd say mostly the people that make it up...We can't even have a "Thank God
    I live in America" thread without it being Hijacked by the liberals...We can't have an end the war thread without it being hijacked by Repubs....News Flash, until we get a president that is from neither party, (both are more sick than the Mafia), this country is going to hell in a handbasket...People are worried about healthcare, but could care less that they pay $3 a gallon for gas because the last 4 presidents have allowed the buyout of pattons for other fuels, that would have saved american farming also...People are worried one way or another with whether or not Bush should have took us to Iraq, when Nixon's Cabinet told him that Social Security would never last past 2020, and that has been unoticeably passsed from president to president...Getting some head was more important for Clinton, along with leaving some of our boys stranded in Somalia, because the poltical hit was rough, and Bush is busy making the Oil Powers in Texas Money...While I am busy dumping my hard earned bucks into a Social Security plan that I will never use, thanks to all of our presidents post 1975
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  10. #70
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    That is what this thread was originally meant to be, a Thank you Lord for allowing us to live in this great country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •